I even remembered to take pictures of the painting in progress so I can share them here. When I paint watercolor, I usually paint wet into dry, which is how I did this painting. It's more precise and when you have a lot of detail work, I find wet into dry works best.
Next, of course, came the peacock feathers. I was a little scared to paint them, but they came out pretty well and I had fun mixing the dark blues and greens in their centers.
After the fabric and feathers were done, I started to paint by color. I did the little green berries and some leaves. I figured going by the colors was an easier way to paint then being all over the place, mixing all different colors and being fairly disorganized (in my opinion).
I then started in with my reds and purples. I painted the first layers of the red flowers, then went in with the purple flowers. When the first layers of red paint were dry, I went in and finished the red ones. I find red a tricky color and it needs several layers and a lot of attention to be just right.
Finished the red flowers, and a few more pink and purples ones.
Starting to put in some of the white flowers as well. The painting is really starting to come together now and it's exciting to see it looking like an actual bouquet of flowers!
Almost done! I put in the blue ribbon and finished all the flowers. All that's left is some detail work with the wispy pieces that are sticking out and finishing up the larger leaves on the outside edges.
And here again, the finished bouquet. Watercolor on cold pressed paper, 9"x12".