Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Plumerias

If you hadn't noticed, flowers are one of my favorite things to draw and paint.  I love their delicate, organic shapes and colors.  I've been known to go through phases of flowers, having a different favorite every year or so. A list of some favorites include orchids, plumeria, sunflowers and currently, the gerber daisy. But I've been going back to the plumeria a little bit and it reminded me of an old acrylic painting I did that I wanted to put up here. I had several different sized mini canvases (canvaii?) that I didn't know what to do with. I collected them thinking, "they're so cute!" and then I wondered, "what am I going to do with all these tiny things?" I sat down with them and tried to think of an idea to use them all up, and realized they all fit together perfectly! So I made a single painting with all 8 little canvases. 
The painting in total measures about 8"x6".  The 6 canvases on the sides measure about 2x2 3/4...they should be 2x3" but who's counting? The long skinny one is 2x4" and the square at the bottom 2x2".  I really love this little painting, but I have yet to find a good way to display it without nailing 8 holes in the wall. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment