Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Landscape Commission

     Finally, a new post with new artwork.  I'm sorry I've been neglecting my blog for so long, I've been crazy busy with commission work and haven't had time to sit and write about them.  I'm the world's slowest painter and it's been taking up all my time.  But I'm very glad for this commission work because my "day job" has had no hours for me. Literally. I haven't been to work since before Christmas. No good.  So earlier this summer, I had a family friend ask me to paint her dog, (see blog post Portrait of a Dog)  another person we know ask me to paint a landscape (kind of a re-do of a painting she already has and loves), one sale on my Etsy shop of a wedding bouquet (see blog post First Sale From My Etsy Shop!) and my neighbor asked me to do two paintings for him. The first one I forgot to take a picture of, but I have pictures of the second one I just finished yesterday, and I'll write about that one in another post. 
     Here is the landscape.  I actually call it the Moonscape.  Acrylic on canvas, 16"x20". 
And here is the original painting she had:
She loves this painting because she grew up somewhere that looked a lot like this painting and it brought back happy childhood memories.  The painting is very 80's though and very pink.  She asked me to re-do it, and I chose to do it at kind of twilight, which she was thrilled about, since it is her favorite time of day.  I also made the moon much larger and dramatic, because I love the moon.  I changed the format as well from a panoramic to standard size canvas.  She chose the size, the original was too large and she wanted it a bit smaller.  
     She was thrilled with the final painting, I wasn't home when she came to pick it up but my parents told me how happy she was.  She had written me a check and wrote lots of "thank-you!"'s on it.  That is my favorite part of doing art for other people, knowing that they're happy with what I did.  It's a relief too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment